Vacancy for a Research and Advocacy Associate
Full time experienced person
Sangama (www.sangama.org) is a human rights organisation working mainly with sexual minorities, sexworkers and PLHIV (People Living with HIV). Our work includes human rights advocacy, support for community-based organisations and community lobbying and campaigns
We are looking for a research and advocacy associate for our special projects.
The role involves working with the Project Director from concept design to coordination and execution of research projects and advocacy activities.
The person will primarily be responsible to facilitate, contribute and document the research work undertaken as well support the fellowship programme. Other responsibilities will include support the development of fund raising strategy including proposal writing, maintaining relationship with funders and help send in the reports
Who we are looking for
– At least 6 years relevant experience at a middle/senior position in human rights/ social justice/ community collectivization work
– Comfort to work with working class sexual minorities/ sexworkers/ people living with HIV
– Committed to social justice in the context of class, caste, gender, sexuality, religion etc.
– Team player and ability build alliances with various social movements and other larger social change processes
– combine research, project management and advocacy. A strong theoretical grounding and good methodological, analytical and writing skills (in English) required.
– communicate in Kannada
– independently plan and coordinate training programmes
Salary will be based on experience and skills. We believes in affirmative action and particularly encourag people from the marginalized backgrounds to apply, including: sexual minorities, people living with HIV, dalits, adivasis, women, religious minorities and people with disabilities.